Dechra Canine Ckd Heart & Kidney Dog Food - 2.5Kg By Dechra Specific
|Price:||£17.00||Save £8.99 (35%)|
Dechra Canine Ckd Heart & Kidney Dog Food - 2.5Kg Description & Review
Dechra Canine Ckd Heart & Kidney Dog Food Key Benefits:
- Heart & kidney support: SPECIFIC™ CKD Heart & Kidney Support has uniquely high levels of the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA derived from fish oil. In dogs with cardiac disease, EPA can help support maintenance of lean body mass and appetite, normal cardiac rhythm, blood pressure and aggregation. In dogs with kidney failure, omega-3 fatty acids can help to slow down the progression of kidney failure.
- Heart & kidney support: In congestive heart failure, sodium excretion is reduced as part of the compensatory response to the reduced cardiac output, and consequently sodium and water retention occurs. The reduced sodium level helps to break the vicious circle of water retention. This is essential for both kidney, liver and heart patients.
- Kidney support: A restricted content of phosphorus is essential to reduce hyperphosphataemia and to slow down the progression of kidney insufficiency.
- Liver & kidney support: The reduced content of protein in combination with protein of high biological value reduces azotemia in dogs with renal failure. In dogs with liver failure, it reduces the likelihood of hyperammonaemia and possible hepatic encephalopathy. The high biological value of the proteins supplies a sufficient amount of essential amino acids to the dog.
- Healthy urinary tract support: The restricted protein level reduces the urinary concentrations of oxalate, cystine and urate. Together with the alkaline urine pH, this discourages precipitation of urinary calcium oxalate, cystine and urate crystals and supports a healthy urinary tract. Added potassium citrate helps keep calcium oxalate in solution.
Ingredients: Maize starch, wheat, rice, fish oil, animal fat, potato protein, minerals (including zeolite), fish meal, eggs, hydrolysed pork protein, whey powder, powdered cellulose, vitamins and trace elements, tripotassium citrate, taurine, L-carnitine, methionine, sunflower oil.
Contains no artificial colours or flavourings.
Feeding guide in grams per day
The daily individual requirement may vary depending on factors such as breed, environment, season, activity etc. It is therefore advisable to continue monitoring condition and body weight, adjusting the amount fed accordingly.
Ratings & Reviews
Dechra Canine Heart and Kidney Dog Food
by KazzaK -
Recommended by my vet I purchase this for my Yorkshire Terriers, one of whom is 14 years old with a kidney condition. They both enjoy the food and certainly Alfie, the eldest dog, has picked up well since being on the food.