Dechra Feline Specific Fkw Kidney Support 7pk Cat Food - 100G By Dechra Specific
Dechra Feline Specific Fkw Kidney Support 7pk Cat Food - 100G Description & Review
Dechra Feline Specific Fkw Kidney Support Key Benefits:
- Kidney support: A restricted content of phosphorus is essential to prevent hyperphosphataemia and to slow down the progression of kidney insufficiency.
- Kidney & heart support: EPA and DHA are both omega-3 fatty acids which can help slow down the progression of kidney failure. In cats with cardiac disease, EPA and DHA can support maintenance of lean body mass, appetite and normal blood pressure and platelet aggregation. The content of fish oil, and thereby the level of EPA and DHA, is exceptionally high in SPECIFIC™ FKD Kidney Support.
- Liver & kidney support: The reduced content of protein in combination with protein of high biological value reduces azotemia in cats with renal failure. In cats with liver failure it reduces the likelihood of hyperammonemia and possible hepatic encephalopathy. The high biological value of the proteins supplies the cat with sufficient amounts of essential amino acids.
- Heart & kidney support: In congestive heart failure, sodium excretion is reduced as part of the compensatory response to the reduced cardiac output, and consequently sodium and water retention occurs. The reduced sodium level helps break the vicious circle of water retention. This is essential for both kidney, liver and heart patients.
- Healthy urinary tract support: The restricted protein level reduces the urinary concentrations of oxalate, cystine and urate. Together with the alkaline urine pH, this discourages precipitation of urinary calcium oxalate, cystine and urate crystals and supports a healthy urinary tract. Added potassium citrate helps keep calcium oxalate in solution.
Ingredients: Pork, fish, sunflower oil, maize, fish oil, eggs, powdered cellulose, tripotassium citrate, minerals, psyllium husk, rice, vitamins and trace elements, taurine, methionine, L-carnitine.
It contains no artificial antioxidants, colours or flavouring.
Feeding guide in grams per day
The daily individual requirement may vary depending on factors such as breed, environment, season, activity etc. It is therefore advisable to continue monitoring condition and body weight, adjusting the amount fed accordingly.
Ratings & Reviews
Dechra FKW Kidney Support
My Caspurr has been on a renal diet for a year, at first he was enjoying some Royal Canin and Hills varieties but recently he has gone off of these. I was desperate to find something else for him to try and found this, he’s really enjoyed his first meal and even my other cat, who doesn’t have kidney problems, pushed him out of the way to eat it so I’m hopeful this one will be a hit. But knowing cats, you never know! You think you’ve found one they like, buy a load of it and then they go off it! Cats! Who’d have them!?
Not for us!
I bought this brand because my cat has gone off other brands of renal food but unfortunately he turned his nose up at it and wouldn’t even try it. It smelt better than some of the other brands and is a pate in texture which he likes but he just won’t eat it.
Specific cat food delivery
by M's mother
Excellent price, that's why i chose to order through you.
<br>very fast delivery and it was left as I asked, in a safe place, as i was out.
<br>Overall deserves 5 stars
<br>I will definitely use pet shop again