Dechra Specific Fid Digestive Support Cat Food - 2.5Kg By Dechra Specific
|Price:||£18.38||Save £9.41 (34%)|
Dechra Specific Fid Digestive Support Cat Food - 2.5Kg Description & Review
Dechra Specific Fid Digestive Support Key Benefits:
- High digestibility: Highly digestible ingredients compensate for decreased intestinal enzymatic activity and ensure an optimal uptake of nutrients. This makes the diet optimal for patients with gastrointestinal conditions such as acute and chronic diarrhoea, vomiting and/or flatulence.
- Vitamin & mineral support: The high content of minerals and fat soluble vitamins compensates for compromised absorption in the patient’s gastrointestinal system. The increased level of electrolytes compensates for increased losses during diarrhoea and vomiting.
- Immune support: Contains ß-1,3/1,6-glucans from yeast which can bind to receptors of white blood cells, thereby alerting the immune system and supporting the immune response. The diet contains egg powder rich in egg immunoglobulins. Immunogobulins can bind specific bacteria, viruses and protozoa in the intestinal tract. This prevents attachment of pathogens to the intestinal wall, damage to villi and associated diarrhoea. Furthermore, the diet contains mannan-oligo-saccharides (MOS). MOS can bind pathogenic bacteria, thereby preventing them from binding to the intestinal wall, and also stimulates the local intestinal immunity.
- Intestinal support: Psyllium husk is a gel-forming soluble fibre, which is known for its beneficial effect on the regulation of the gastrointestinal tract activity and protection of the intestinal mucosa.
- Odour control: Yucca extract reduces the production of malodorous gasses and the smell of faeces.
Ingredients: Maize protein, maize, animal fat, rice, fish meal, potato protein, eggs (including source of immunoglobulins), minerals (including zeolite), hydrolysed yeast protein, vitamins and trace elements, methionine, psyllium husk, beet pulp, yeast (source of β-1,3/1,6-glucans and mannan-oligo-saccharides), taurine, fructo-oligo-saccharides, sunflower oil, Yucca extract.
Antioxidants: EC approved additives: BHA, BHT and propyl gallate. It contains no artificial colours or flavouring.
The daily individual requirement may vary depending on factors such as breed, environment, season, activity etc. It is therefore advisable to continue monitoring condition and body weight, adjusting the amount fed accordingly.