Purina Veterinary Diet Feline DM ST/OX Diabetes Management Dry Cat Food - 1.5Kg By Purina
|Price:||£12.84||Save £3.15 (20%)|
- Purina Veterinary Diet Feline DM ST/OX Diabetes Management Dry Cat Food - 1.5Kg Description & Review
Purina Veterinary Diet Feline DM ST/OX Diabetes Management Dry Cat Food - 1.5Kg Description & Review
PURINA VETERINARY DIETS DM is a highly palatable complete veterinary diet for cats with diabetes. It has been specially formulated to help regulate blood glucose (sugar) levels in diabetic cats. PVD DM contains exceptionally low levels of carbohydrate to reduce the upsurge in blood glucose that happens after meals, and high levels of protein to help stimulate insulin release from the pancreas. It has been shown to reduce insulin requirements in diabetic cats and is also rich in the antioxidant vitamin E to help neutralise the free radicals that are produced with diabetes. Note that PVD DM is not suitable for pregnant cats, kittens or cats that need a low protein diet such as those with kidney failure or some types of liver disease.
- Clinically proven to reduce the need for insulin injections in some diabetic cats and help control blood glucose levels
- Contains low levels of carbohydrate which enables slower and controlled release of glucose after eating
- Enhanced levels of vitamin E to reduce the oxidative stress associated with diabetes
- With ST/OX for urinary security: formulated to help minimise the risk of FLUTD (urinary disease)
Maize gluten meal, dehydrated poultry protein, soya protein isolate, soya meal*, animal fat, maize starch*, digest, minerals, yeast, fish oil. *Carbohydrate sources.
Protein: 50.0 %
Fat content: 17.0 %
Crude ash: 8.0 %
Crude fibres: 1.5 %
Starch: 12.5 %
Total sugar: 0.8 %
Essential fatty acids: 2.0 %
IU/kg: Vit A: 30 000; Vit D3: 1 000; Vit E: 650; mg/kg: Taurine: 500; Fe(E1): 225; I(E2): 2.9; Cu(E4): 45; Mn(E5): 94; Zn(E6): 380; Se(E8): 0.26
Daily feeding guide: see table on packaging. The recommended period of use is initially up to 6 months. It is recommended that a veterinarian’s opinion be sought before use or before extending the period of use. Water should always be available.